Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

when I was younger

When I was younger my plans for my future seemed very simple. I wanted to grow up and be a mom. And that was it, being a mom was the perfect job for me while being a teacher was just something I wanted to do because I knew I needed to get a degree, it was my 'fall back' or cushion just in case.
I never thought, 15 years later, that I would be in Corporate America where the pay is low and the respect even lower. I never thought I would be watching all my friends have babies while I still worked toward my degree and, literally, went to work. I never thought I would be watching girls younger than me have babies. I never thought I would be watching women throughout the blogging world have babies and be surrounded by these beautiful faces through pictures.

I'm not writing this post for your to feel bad for me. I'm writing this post to share with you how I truly feel. I'm writing this because I know I'm not the only one who feels the same way I do. When I hear people talk about babies I walk to the other room, I leave the conversation because I 1) can't contribute 2) feel left out and 3) I just can't 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...