Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Friends Day Wednesday {Southern Bell as an Army Wife}

Happy Wednesday! 
Just get me through today and I will be oh so happy!!
Today is Friends Day Wednesday and I have a real sweet new friend.
Check her out!!

Hey ya'll! I'm so excited to be over with Alyssa today at Impractical Composition! I absolutely adore her blog, so the opportunity to be featured on it is very special to me. Big thank you first and foremost, Alyssa! 

So who am I? Well, my name is Erika and you can find me over at Southern Belle as an Army Wife . I am 26 years old, mother of 2, wife of one ;), nurse, and lover of all things new and creative. I love to do just about anything. Cooking and baking would probably be my most often ventured into creative endeavors, followed closely by writing, sewing, crocheting, jewelry making, and repurposing. On my blog you can find some of my favorite recipes; tutorials for home decor, crafty fun stuff for kids (easy sewing DIY's and other projects), repurposing projects, or any other types of DIY tutorials. Since it's getting warmer outside, you can probably expect to see a lot of gardening, landscaping, and...brace yourself...my journey into starting my own chicken coop. I said I love to do just about anything didn't I?  I also like to share my latest finds, buys, and obsessions. Even though my husband would probably tell you otherwise, it seems as though I just like to share. It's just a little piece of my life and what I do on a day-to-day basis as a Southern Belle as a 7-year Army wife. I warn you now, it can get pretty hilarious.


Why do I do this, though? This started as just another creative outlet for me and it sprung into a place to show the world some of what it's like to be an Army wife. With that being said, I like people to see that being a military wife doesn't mean a lot of the things most would think. There are so many preconceived notions regarding military wives, and while some do hold true, for the most part, they do not. I do give snippets into the military life, but I don't hone on it, because that's not what consumes this family and I want people to see that. If anything, it just pulls us closer together as a family unit because we have to learn to work together in ways that others don't so that we don't fall apart. Family is a big part of military life for us, and you'll see that with us. I couldn't be prouder to be part of a military family and we love what we do! On Fridays, I do Family Fridays where I spotlight and catch you up with our little family and all the insane happenings that go on.

White Mocha Carmel Cheesecake

Once more, big thank you to Alyssa for bringing me over today and I hope you stop by and see me! You can find me at BBC on the 21st in Saint Louis, so if you happen to be going, let me know! Come visit on Facebook and Twitter as well!

FACEBOOK - BLOG - TWITTER -

Isn't she great!? 
 Here is MY favorite recipe from her site
Three Cheese Mashed Potatoes - I'm a sucker for cheese and mashed potatoes!!


If you want to be featured on Friends Day Wednesday send me an email!!
alyssadawsonblog@gmail.com




1 comment:

Eva said...

Lovely photos!
That cheesecake looks so delicious!
xoxo

fashionistas-diary.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...