Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning?

I was 12.
Starting my first couple weeks in middle school.
Work up at 6:00 am to my dad calling.
He works for the government.
Ran to mom and dad's bedroom and saw the towers.
At this point in time only the north tower was hit
and we watched the second plane go into the south tower.
And continued to watch as the south tower collapse.
All I remember is being scared and not knowing what was going on.

I was 12 and didn't know much about the World Trade Centers.
I didn't know what terrorist were, for all I knew there was no such thing and American had no enemies.





I always get goose bumps when I hear the song "Where Were You" by Alan Jackson.
Thinking about all the lives lost and broken hearts.
September 11, 2001 will be a day we will never forget.
We will remember the Brave men and women who helped people get out safely,
We will remember the Brave men and women who risked their own life to save those around them.
These men and women are true heroes and will never be forgotten.

in '07 my family and I had the opportunity to visit New York and Ground Zero.
In fact we stayed just a block away from Ground Zero.
There was such a great feeling of peace and love for all the people who were in the towers when the collapsed and for their families.
We live in such a great country and should all be grateful to have such honorable men and women in our midst.
Our prayers and thanks go out to these families who lost their loved ones and for the brave men and women who rescued so many people.
There are so many people who were heroes and herons on September 11th. Here is just one story of an ordinary man who saved lives:



Here are some pictures of Ground Zero in June of '07.




"Dedicated to those who fell and to those who carry on." 


There she is!




1 comment:

Linda Z said...

Thanks for sharing this... it's such a lovely tribute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...