Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, June 5, 2011

They Say We are Too Young, But They Did it Too!

How old were you when you got married?
I was 19 almost 20.
My mom was 21.
My MIL was 18. 
How old were your grandparents when they got married?
Probably not much older I'd say.
Maybe they were even younger!
Then why does everyone say we are too young?
They did it, so why can't we?


I continue to have a problem with people telling me I am too young to be married.
So, when people tell me this I ask them when they got married.
Many of my answers are people getting red in the face saying the same age.
I know times have changed and the world is much different now.
But that shouldn't matter.

I also wonder about the children question.
I have had all of these statements said to me several times
You don't have kids right? 
You are too young to have kids!!
You better not have kids yet! You need to wait!
Please don't have kids because I don't want to be a great grandma. 

Is it my fault that I am growing up and they are getting old?


Just a little something to think about. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...